The strips that appear in this space are of two types: paper comics converted for web consumption, and comics drawn directly for the web. As I write (late 2006) there's an even balance of these. I've drawn a variety of comics in the past -- some fiction, some theory, and some biographical -- but the bulk of these were designed for photocopied zines, or for local magazines. While I've owned computers since 1979, it wasn't until recently that I thought about using them to draw with.
The strips that appear here will reflect that mix. Some will be stories, both fictional and biographical; others are studies of stuff I find interesting, and some of it is experimental stuff just for fun. What you're likely to see here:
- is the adventures of Frank Karlan and friends in the world of Urth;
- a collection of of biographical episodes and observations;
- a series of SF adventures set in a weird future;
- an historical drama set in the late Roman Empire, focused on the transgendered Gallae of Cybele, and their struggle to survive in an increasingly hostile culture;
- The Bureau of Serendipidy
- Emile Vlietman and Elsie Brooks investigate the unexpected;
- A superhero series with a twist;
- Here in the West
- Adventures in the Ol' West with a woman sheriff.
When I'm reprinting, frequency is mainly 1 page a day. Otherwise, new stuff comes out every 2-4 days.